9.14.2009

What would you do if you were in Asia?





What would you do if you were in Asia?  


Living in Asia myself, I've taken the opportunity to explore and try out things I would have never had the opportunity to do back home either at my age, or at all. Feel free to let me know what you would do if you were in Asia (aside from travel and taking a cooking class), as I'm always looking for ideas...

In the meantime, for one, I've taken on freelance writing. I'm a writer/ reporter/journalist (whatever you want to call it) for Asia Life Guide, an English-language lifestyle magazine in Phnom Penh catered towards expats. I write reviews, vox pops, cover events, and features based on what my editor wants for each issue. The job has led me into expat worlds I would have never entered-- private international schools, homes, restaurant kitchens, and on occasion, a variety of events taking place throughout the city.   

The magazine website  isn't updated yet, but here is one such "event" I covered (see link).   Pictures on this blog are of another event-- the Phare Ponleau Selpak Circus that performed at The Chinese House last weekend.

http://www.asialifeguide.com/News-Events/I-Am-What-I-Am.html?-events=



2 comments:

  1. I would study a few Eastern religions, most importantly Buddhism. I would also probably take a class in some local and random martial art. I'd also want to visit a rice paddy, but that's just because I'm weird.

    ~Justin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd go to India and study yoga and meditation at an ashram. And I'd ride an elephant.

    ReplyDelete